What We Believe
Young Meadows Presbyterian Church desires to be a vibrant,disciple making church that radiates the Gospel of Jesus Christ to Montgomery, Alabama and the world. We want others to come to know in Christ and grow with us in our communion with Him.
Young Meadows Presbyterian Church exists to Embrace, Enable and Equip Christians to Exalt God and Evangelize Montgomery and the world for Christ. This is what we refer to as "The Five E's".
- We Embrace others through the love, mercy, service, and loving oversight of those who are under our care.
- We Enable God’s people as we seek to help them find and use their time, talents and treasures for the calling God gives to each of them.
- We Equip one another through training, teaching and modeling the Christian life before and with one another.
- We Exalt God through worship in Spirit in truth on a personal level, in our families, small groups, mid – sized group settings, our whole church and when possible in cooperation with other churches that desire biblical and godly worship that adores Christ, confesses sin, thanks God for His amazing work and prays for His kingdom to come throughout the earth beginning in our own hearts.
- We further strive to Evangelize Montgomery and the world as we proclaim Christ to a watching world through the attitudes of our hearts, our words and our deeds.
By God’s grace, His undeserved and empowering love and kindness to us, God reveals Himself to us through His Word and by the work of His Holy Spirit in our lives so that we repent of our sins and trust the Lord Jesus Christ alone to save us from the forces of evil all around us while more and more living lives that reflect the perfection and wonder of God’s design for every part of our lives. We believe that our main purpose in life is to glorify, honor, and delight in God and His goodness forever. We also believe that we are called to love him and love others as Christ Himself has loved us and has given Himself for us that we might live lives of holy fulfillment in this life and in the life to come.
As a congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America, we believe the Bible to be the Word of God, all therin being verbally inspired by Almighty God and therefore without error. We are committed theologically to the Reformed Faith as set forth in the Westminster Confession of Faith and the Larger and Shorter Catechism.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Presbyterian Church in America
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original manuscripts. The Bible is the revelation of God’s truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe that all are sinners and totally unable to save themselves from God’s displeasure, except by His mercy.
- We believe that salvation is by God alone as He sovereignly chooses those He will save. We believe His choice is based on His grace, not on any human individual merit, or foreseen faith.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for the sins of all who will trust in Him, alone, for salvation.
- We believe that God is gracious and faithful to His people not simply as individuals but as families in successive generations according to His Covenant promises.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God’s people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind and to receive His people to Himself.
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
-From the Presbyterian Church in America Website